COVID-19 In Person Worship Guidelines
Greetings True Light Members & Friends,
True Light members we are excited to announce that Sunday will be our re-launch Sunday.
It has been exactly two months since we have been able to worship together. The Coronavirus
pandemic has really turned things upside down. The Church desiring to be in compliance with
national government regulations and recommendations of the CDC, agreed for the safety of our
members to follow the guidelines put in place to flatten the curve of the virus for the month of
April, and for good measure we added the month of May. However, we feel it is time to fulfill
God’s word as stated in Hebrews 10:25, “Not forsaking our own assembling together, as the
custom of some is, but exhorting one another; and so much the more, as ye see the day drawing
nigh. ” We also acknowledge our rights by the United States Constitution and the State of
Mississippi Constitution to practice the Freedom of Religion Act. Therefore we set the
following guidelines (not exhaustive) for reopening our in-person worship.
- TRANSPORTATION: THERE WILL BE NO CHURCH TRANSPORTATION
PROVIDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE AT THIS TIME.
- TEMPERATURE CHECKS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON ALL CHURCH
WORKERS ON DUTY EACH SUNDAY MORNING.
SERVICES: (All areas will be cleaned and sanitized before and after services and all attendees will be recommended to wear face masks.)
9:00 AM SUNDAY SCHOOL
Sunday school will commence at 9:00 a.m. each Sunday
morning and students will be asked to go immediately to their classrooms, except for the first
and fifth Sundays. (These will be joint classes held in the Sanctuary)
Rules to be Observed:
1. Social distancing is asked to be observed by ALL members at all times.
2. Seating will be strategically spaced in order to observe social distancing.
3. If there is overflow, we will have members go to the fellowship hall to watch on a
4. The Children and Youth will join in large rooms up stairs where they too can social
5. Offerings will be taken up by members marching around social distancing
6. There will be no Men’s 33 or Women’s 31 U classes at this time.
7. There will be no serving of food.
10:00 AM WORSHIP SERVICE:
Morning worship will commence at 10:00 a.m. each Sunday
morning. Families will be asked to sit together on one pew, leaving social distancing space
between themselves of six feet and the next family or persons. We will try to seat families of two
or more first before single members to accommodate spacing. (Single worshipers will be asked
to sit in our balcony area in order to get the maximum accommodations within the church).
Rules to be observed:
1. Social distancing is asked to be observed by ALL members at all times.
2. Seating will be socially spaced in order to observe social distancing.
3. If there is overflow, we will open up the fellowship hall for members to watch on a
4. Ushers and greeters will be on their post to direct members and guests to their seats.
5. Children’s Church will be held upstairs for six to twelve years old only. Social
distancing will be observed.
6. We will have one deacon in charge of opening and closing worship services as so not
to cross contaminate microphones.
7. Offerings- Please ask usher/greeters for envelopes as you enter the sanctuary.
Offerings will be taken up by members marching around social distancing
themselves. (offertory prayer by the deacon in charge)
8. The Choir or Praise Team will be singing while social distancing themselves from
each other and the congregation.
9. Altar Call (if allowed) will be conducted by the one Deacon in charge or Pastor
Morris. Congregants will remain in the pews.
10. The Morning message will be brought by Pastor Morris or an assigned speaker
using a special microphone designated for them. They will stand on the platform
social distancing themselves from the choir and congregants.
11. The Lord’s Supper (first Sunday only) will be prepared and distributed as members
enter the sanctuary by a designated person assigned to this task. They will be
required to wear gloves during this process. It is to be secured by members until we
partake of it together at the designated time during service. ( no supper will be taken to sick and shut end and nursing home members).
12. All announcements, Congregational Hymns, Songs and Responsive Covenant
reading will be displayed on the overhead screen.
SUNDAY SCHOOL AND WORSHIP DISMISSAL
The following dismissal procedures are asked to be observed:
At the end of each service we will ask members to be dismissed practicing social distancing.
1. Starting with the balcony and depending on which side you are sitting on to use the stairs
closest to you and go directly to your vehicles.
2. Choir members will be asked to exit the choir stand and go directly out to their vehicles
3. Members will be dismissed by pews. The two rear pews (right and left sides) will be
asked to exit out the main entrance. The two front pews will be asked to exit out of the
two front entrances closest to the pulpit. Then we will go to the next sections until all
have exited the sanctuary.
Note: Hand Sanitizer and facial tissue will be provided. All other communal items will not
be available: i.e. water fountain use, fans, pens, etc.
BATHROOM RULES: All areas will be cleaned and sanitized before and after services We will ask all attendees to observe social distance bathroom rules.
You may enter with family members, otherwise only two members at a time. Please social
distance and be courteous of others before you enter these facilities.
NURSERY: CHURCH NURSERY WILL BE CLOSED FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE
(WE WILL REVISIT THIS IN THE NEAR FUTURE).
CHILDREN’S CHURCH: The True Light Missionary Baptist Children’s Church will be in
session beginning June 7, 2020. Face masks will be encouraged for all children during
children’s church. The following rules are in place:
1. Only Children ages six to twelve will be allowed at this time. All pre-school age
children will remain with their parents until further notice.
2. All parents are responsible for bringing their children upstairs to the children’s
church classroom following all social distancing rules. (You are expected to return
at the end of church to pick up your child(ren).
3. All children will be socially distant from each other during the activities.
4. During the first Sunday the Lord’s supper will be brought up to those children who
will be partaking in order to avoid any mingling with other people besides their
5. Snacks will be prepackaged by designated persons wearing gloves.
KITCHEN: THE TRUE LIGHT M. B. CHURCH’S KITCHEN WILL BE CLOSED
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
THE FOLLOWING CHURCH ACTIVITIES HAVE BEEN CANCELED FOR THE
REMAINDER OF THE YEAR.
1. CHURCH PICNIC - APRIL 2020
2. PRAYER CONFERENCE - APRIL 2020
3. YOUTH SUMMER TRIP - MAY 2020
4. YOUTH CHOIR WORKSHOP - JUNE 2020
5. USHERS/GREETERS AND SAFETY & SECURITY WORKSHOP – JUNE 2020
6. 2ND QUARTER CHURCH CONF. - JULY 2020
7. DANCE WORKSHOP – JULY 2020
8. CHOIR WORKSHOP - JULY 2020
9. BACK TO SCHOOL RALLY – AUG. 2020
10. SENIOR LUNCHEONS - 2020
11. MEN’S 33 CLASS - 2020
12. WOMEN’S 31 U CLASS – 2020
13. SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS MEETING
Note: We ask anyone attending Services at True Light Missionary Baptist Church to answer the following screening questions before attending:
Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of Covid- 19 in the past 14 days?
Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or Sore throat?
Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
Have you had new loss of taste or smell?
Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms please do not attend worship services. Please get tested or stay at home.
Thank You, Pastor Archie Morris & The Executive Ministry
True Light Missionary Baptist Church